I'd gotten this award in the past, so I didn't respond to it right away.
Then... Kirstie wrote a post about it because apparently she was nominated as well and nominated me.
Which was a good reminder for me since I obviously hadn't gotten to writing this post yet. Therefore, here are the answers both wonderful ladies sent to me. Thanks so much for the nominations! I love you both and EVERYONE needs to go follow your blogs!
Fire Fairy's questions:
1. If you could befriend any Disney villain and help them mend their ways, who would you choose and why?
In the "real world" It would probably end up being Sid from Toy Story, cause that's kinda my job. Find messed up kids. Help them sort through their issues. Help them learn to love Jesus. YAY!
But in the not "real world" I choose Hades from Hercules. He would be SO MUCH FUN to hang out with!
2. You've been invited to a fairy tale themed fancy dress party. Who or what do you dress as? (I need inspiration for attending such a party myself!)
I would probably be Snow White, because she's my favorite. Too bad being one of the seven dwarfs would most likely be more suiting for me though. Haha.
3. If you could choose any activity to be made an official Olympics sport, what would you pick?
QUIDDITCH! Seriously. The Olympics were freaking in London this year and Quidditch was NOT a sport? It's a crime really.
4. Where in the world would you most like to go that you haven't already been to?
I'm on a Paris kick right now. I think it's because I was watching Sex and the City the other day and she went to Paris. Also, I have a friend who went there last year and is still talking about it.
5. What is your ultimate karaoke song? If you don't ever do karaoke, what would it be if you were forced to sing?
I've tried karaoke before - and I failed. I think it's because I take it too seriously so I get nervous and botch up the song. I want to try again though and am currently searching for the ultimate karaoke song. Suggestions are welcome.
6. If you could have any famous historical figure over for dinner, who would you invite?
I think William Marshal. He was the greatest knight of the Medeval age (worked under King Richard/Prince John. Think Robin Hood times). The first book I read by one of my favorite authors (Elizabeth Chadwick) was about him, and now I JUST LOVE HIM. He was a real person and it would be so fascinating to hear his stories.
|His tomb (I think) with his image on the top. For you history geeks out there.|
7. If you went to Hogwarts, which house do you think the Sorting Hat would place you in?
Hufflepuff. That's what I was sorted into on Pottermore and I wasn't surprised. Hufflepuffs are awesome and we love everyone. And we have the badger.
I had boring science classes and we didn't do anything cool. Or if we did I wasn't paying attention. Lame.
9. What's your favorite way to spend a hot summer's day?
Sit in the AC and drink something cold. Or maybe sit by the pool. But I'm not much of a swimmer and end up just floating on something.
10. What's your favorite way to spend a freezing cold winter's day?
Go to a coffee shop and read a book. Or if I had a fireplace I would do that. However, that's not the case. Another alternative would be to sit on my couch with Bandit curled up with a book and a good movie.
OMG what if there was a coffee shop that had a fireplace and allowed pets??????
11. If you could dye your hair any color you wanted just for fun, which color would you choose?
I've considered dying my hair purple. I feel it would be fun.
And now for Kirstie's Questions:
1. What's your favorite fictional pairing and why?
I don't know if they are my all time favorite - but I'll name the first pair that came to my mind. Lizzie Bennett and Mr. Darcy. It's kind of a cliche answer, but I truly love them. They are both so ridiculous and kinda messed up, but perfect for each other. Mr. Darcy makes me swoon, and Lizzie has so many flaws which I love because - who doesn't?
2. If you went travelling with the Doctor, what's the first place you would go and why? (Gina/Pretzel Thief - knowing that you guys don't watch Doctor Who, I'll reword it just for you: If you found a time machine that could also take you anywhere in the universe, what's the first place you would go and why?)
I'm on a William Marshal kick. Let's go visit him! I really want to know if he's as amazing and I hope he is. Let's be honest though - wherever the Doctor wants to take me in his Tardis is 100% okay with me. ;)
3. What's your favorite Halloween related movie?
Come on. Three crazy witch sisters, terrible 1990's clothing, those dumb punk kids (yeah Ice!), a talking cat, Sarah Jessica Parker seducing everyone, "I Put a Spell on You", a talking cat... does it get much better than that?
4. If you could be any kind of animal, what would you be?
Puppies I think have the most fun.
5. Cake or cupcakes?
CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cupcakes are fun, but with cake you get so much more.
6. What's your favorite song at the moment?
I've been listening to the soundtrack for The Book of Mormon A LOT lately.... Another reason why I'm a bad youth minister.
Here's the performance from the Tony's. Neil Patrick Harris is there at the end. :D
7. What was your favorite subject in high school?
I was the biggest music and theatre geek in high school. So I spent most of my days in the music hallway. My favorite was probably Madrigals. While I LOVED band, jazz band, choir, etc., Madrigals challenged me the most and I learned SO MUCH. It was glorious.
For regular subject - English I guess. The classes themselves weren't the best, but I love to read and write. So, you know. It worked.
8. What's your favorite 90s TV show?
BOY MEETS WORLD!!!!! Still one of my favorite TV shows of all time.
|Cory + Topanga 4ever|
9. If you could be any superhero, who would you be?
I wasn't sure how to answer this one, because I'm honestly not big into superheroes. I'll watch the movies, but that's about it.
Then... I googled superheroes and came upon this website that has the "ultimate list of superheores". This list included random Disney characters - which is great.
Do you know who else they mentioned?
I choose timelord because of reasons. Or at least one of the Doctor's companions. Cause... you know... the Doctor. <3 span="span">3>
10. What do you like on your pizza?
Honestly, plain cheese is my favorite. I like sausage and pepperoni and sometimes even pineapple But just cheese is always a good choice in my opinion. I'm boring like that.
11. Do you have any weird phobias?
Fire. It's getting better. But I'm not a huge fan of fire. I blogged about it last year actually.
So... there you have it. 22 things you may or may not have known about me before. Also, I've used the word "fascinating" a lot today. I'm declaring it the word of the day! Now go off and use it in a sentence.