I'm sitting here at my laptop at 7am, and I can't think of a single character to write about today for the Awesome Female Role Models series. Not that there aren't any I want to write about - there are a ton! But with my current state of mind, I feel like I wouldn't be able to do any of them justice.
So, instead, I'm going to give you all a run-down of what I feel like qualifies for an awesome female role model for this blog series.
- It has to be a fictional character - OR - a character in a novel/movie/TV show that is based on a person, just in a fictional form. (If that makes any sense...)
- They do not have to be perfect. In fact, I prefer if they aren't perfect at all. No one is perfect, so I would rather have role models who make mistakes and learn from them vs. someone who never makes mistakes. Unless they're Jesus. But Jesus isn't a fictional character or a female so... yeah.
- They also don't have to be the main character of the story. Some of the best role models are supporting characters.
- Someone who is strong, but it doesn't have to be the same as everyone else. Some people are strong in their quiet ways, some go and fight off the bad guys and are strong, all ranges of strength are welcome. But no Bella Swans.... just... no. (Not that I hate Twilight, I don't, which is a whole other topic...)
- It can be a TV show, book, movie, etc. character. I don't care if it's a children's story or young adult or whatever. As long as they are a female fictional character.
- Someone who stands out from the other characters in their story. They can't just be like everyone else. What makes them special?