Dani Dennison from Hocus Pocus.
It's about time I featured some young female characters anyways. Who says you have to be an adult to be a great role model?
Dani's got attitude and tells it as it is. She's not afraid to tell the truth and put people in their place. When Max crosses the line at the Sanderson sisters cottage she's not afraid to tell him. She knows when people do something dumb and will tell them so to their face. Even when she's facing the witches, she'll tell them exactly what she thinks of them and call them out on how awful they are.
She knows how to get her way. She'll manipulate, sweet talk, and scream if needed. While... this isn't the best way to get what you want, you have to admire her to an extent. She'll be a power house when she's older.
She is dealing with a ton of crap too, just like Max. She's also trying to make new friends and adjust to their new home, but she also accepts the reality and challenges her brother to do the same. That's all something we can learn from.
She cares about her brother Max, more than anyone realizes. They've always been close, but since moving to their new home things have changed. Dani will do anything to get their relationship back to the way it was. Even if it means forcing him to take her trick or treating. She might embarrass him often (but what are little sisters for?) but she will still support him when he's trying to win the girl. When he's in danger or doing something stupid, Dani wants him to be safe and will come to his aid. In fact, when the witches come back to life and wonder who lit the candle, Dani jumps up and takes the blame, even though she's mad at Max for doing it.
She's freakishly brave. When the witches come back to life and find her, she plays along. She puts on a brave face and tries to play along. She's clearly terrified, but does what she needs to in order to stay sane and safe.
Max loves Dani too. It takes nearly the whole movie for him to figure out just how much he loves her, but he does. Even though she is a brat and loves to ruin his life, he's willing to do anything for her. Even die. To me, it always says something about a person when you see how much others are willing to sacrifice for them.
Dani is an animal lover - and who can't love a girl who loves a cat the way Dani loves Binx? She attaches to him quickly and wants to take him in after their awful night is over. By the end of the movie when Binx reunites with his own sister, you can't help but feel broken hearted along with Dani that she has lost her new friend.
- I love you jerkface.
- Okay, okay. But next year we go trick-or-treating as Wendy and Peter Pan... with tights or no deal!
- What do you call 'em Max? Yabbos? Max loves your yabbos. In fact... he loves them.
- It's a full moon tonight. That's when all the weirdos are out.
- A virgin lit the candle.
- It doesn't matter how old you are. You sold your soul! You're the ugliest thing that's ever lived and you know it!
- The cat here, Binx, right? He can talk. My brother's a virgin: he lit the black flame candle. The witches are back from the dead and they're after us. We need help.
- Drop dead, moron.
- I scared you I scared you, hahahahaha.
- I'm Allison! Kiss me I'm Allison!
- Come on Max. Couldn't you just forget about being a cool teenager for just one night? Please?
- Well, this is your home now. So get used to it.
- I'm going to take care of you forever. Then my children, and theirs after that, and theirs after that, forever... and ever...