To be honest, not a whole lot is going on at the moment. So, I'm just going to do a quick "5 on Friday" post to catch you all up before you all run off to do your weekend shannanigans.
1) This is my last Friday of my little "Christmas Break!" Do you know what that means? I have a job! It's only part-time, but it's at least something to get me going while I'm figuring things out. There are also two other job possiblities I'm waiting to hear back from as well - so send prayers and good thoughts my way! But I start the new job on Monday. I'm really excited to have something going so quickly. I would go crazy if I were unemployed for too long and my bank account would probably cry. So, I'm going to enjoy the downtime this weekend while I can.
2) I am ready to get back to writing. I barely worked on my novel all December due to all of the crazy of moving, wrapping up things in Missouri, and the holidays. But the last couple of days my fingers have been itching to get back to the keyboard and my mind has wandered over to my characters. We've been sepearated for too long and I want to get this draft done so I can move onto the (painful) revising process. The only thing is that I haven't found a place to write yet. Ever since I've moved back to my parents house I've kind of taken claim of the kitchen table as my "office" every morning. I drink a cup of coffee, blog, and catch up on other blogs and social media. It's been a nice little routine and I know I can get some writing done here. However, it would be nice to have a little spot I can get away to for a change of scenery to let the creative juices flow. Naturally, I would go to a Starbucks. But as I was thinking about it, amost all of the Starbucks around here are super tiny - and not really condusive to sitting down with a laptop for a couple of hours. We'll see though. I'm going to do some Starbucks/Panera/Cafe shopping this week.
3) In case you haven't heard, Chicago is snowed in. As well as a majority of the rest of the country. This morning is basically the first time since Tuesday night I haven't seen snow faling from the sky. But honestly, I've been really enjoying it. This time, I'm not by myself in my apartment, I at least have my family here to be snowed in with. There's even MORE snow than there was in Missouri, and it's been so fun and peaceful to watch. I mean, look at the view we have from my parents house:
|I stole this photo from my mom's Facebook|
It's also really amusing to watch Bandit and my mom's dog, Indy, sniffing around the snow.
4) As many of you probably know, if you've been following along with my escapades this week, I was posting photos on The Blog Baton Instagram Account. It was so much fun you guys!
First, I felt really cool because I was getting a ton of likes and comments on all of the photos. Is that what it's like to be a "popular" blogger? Because if it is, I need to become one. It was awesome.
Also, I was able to get some great exposure for my blog. I wasn't sure how many people would actually check out my little corner of the internet through The Blog Baton, but I now have several new Instagram and Twitter followers, and a few for the blog too. (Hi new friends if you're reading this! So glad we connected!)
So, not to sound like an ad, but if you want some extra exposure for your blog I highly reccomened checking out The Blog Baton. It was really fun!
5) The nice thing about being snowed in and having down time, is that I've been able to read and catch up on TV shows/movies. (This really shouldn't surprise any of you.) I nearly read all of An Abundance of Katherines yesterday, and I finished the Matched triology over New Years Eve. I'm now going to start Pheonix Rising which is part of The Ministry of Peculiar Occurances series.
On the TV/Movie front, I began rewatching Everwood and live-tweeted about the first four episodes, began Sherlock, and been watching Jane Austen movies. Which is always a good choice in my book. Especially since I have to return to the "real world" on Monday.
How have you all been spending the first few days of 2014?