Yup. The whole week.
On the one hand... it's a whole week I won't get paid. Boo. But on the other hand - NO WORK.
Even though I've been back in Chicago for six months now, I'm still learning how to get a routine down for everything I want to do. Blogging, reading blogs, reading books, writing my novel, talking with friends in Missouri, catching up with friends here in Chicago, prepping for my sister's wedding, getting back to doing yoga on a regular basis, reading my Bible, and still working and trying to find additional work. Then on top of it just helping my family around the house. You'd think I would have gotten a routine down by now, but I haven't. It's awful.
Which is why I'm excited for this week where I have nothing on my schedule at all. I can sit down and really focus on things I want to do while I have the spare time.
Here are some of my goals for this week:
- Read and review the first draft of a novel a friend sent me to look over. (Finished yesterday morning!) I don't know why it took me forever to get around to this, but I finally did it and I'm so glad I did. I love helping people with their writing projects.
- Schedule blog posts. So many of my problems with blogging would probably be solved if I just sat down and wrote posts in advance and scheduled them to go up. Now that I have a few days of free time, I'm going to try and write a bunch of posts in advance and have them scheduled so when I get busy or my schedule changes, the blog is taken care of. In fact, I'm writing this post on Monday.
- Write prayer cards. I was asked to write some prayer cards for the youth at my former church as they go on a big trip to Florida later this month. I have a few done, but just haven't been able to sit down and write them. They will be written and mailed THIS WEEK.
- Work on my novel. I wrote this one really intense and sad scene a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't had the heart to keep going because the scenes after it are also sad and intense. So I've been avoiding it. I need to just plow through it so I can get to the happy parts.
- Read blogs and actually comment. I've been awful at this lately. On a good day I read a blog and like it on Bloglovin instead of going to the blog itself and writing a comment. I'm sorry I'm a bad blog reader.
- Read an eARC book and write it's review. I have a NetGalley book sitting on my iPad which needs to be finished before the book gets published. I like to have my reviews up right before the book is released and this one is coming up.
- Read Harry Potter. I've been re-reading the Harry Potter series lately because it's always a good idea. I'm on The Goblet of Fire right now.
- Work on my sister's centerpieces for her wedding shower next week. My mom and I are doing all of the decorations ourselves for her shower. I'd love to get a head start on it.
This all seems like a lot, but I've already made progress. My first goal is completed and today I visited and commented on blogs, and this post will be scheduled to go up soon. All of this before noon on Monday. (This is going up Tuesday morning.)
But... I'm awful at making goals and following through. So, we'll see how it goes.
How are you all at making goals?
Linking up for the first day of Blog Every Day in July!