Before I go to writing about my Bout of Books goals - I just want to say how happy I am about how peaceful Ferguson was yesterday. I know there are still so many problems and things there/in the world aren't going sin g to magically go away. But they seemed to approach thing in peace yesterday and I think that should be celebrated. It's those small steps which make progress happen.
Now - onto Bout of Books!
The challenge starts on Monday and I think I'm ready to hit the books. ;-) Here are some of my goals for the week:
- Finish American Gods by Neil Gaiman if I haven't already by then. I've been working on this book for FOREVER and I have no idea why it's taking me so long to get through it. It's a great book and I'm loving it, but it's pretty long and I keep reading other books while I'm reading this one.
- Read one book from my Kindle/Nook shelves which have been sitting on my iPad for a long time. I have so many books which have just been sitting there and I haven't read yet and I need to get to them. I'm thinking it'll be My Exile Lifestyle by Colin Wright, Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger, or Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. However, there are several others which are possibilities.
- Read a book on my "real" bookshelves which have been sitting there the longest. I have a lot of books in the same boat as my ebooks. They need to be read! I'm thinking it'll be The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galibrath (JK Rowling... and this would also work for my ebook goal), The Passing Bells by Phillip Rock, or Heartless by Paper Towns by John Green.
- Read at least 3 books. This would mean I would complete my ebook and "real" book goals, and possibly one other book if I finish American Gods before Monday.
- Read at least 150 pages a day.
So... here's hoping I do better on my goals this time around!